The Corinthia Artist in Residence is an annual initiative curated by Arts Co which champions British-nurtured talent within different disciplines of the arts.
The 2012 Residency saw artist Noémie Goudal create three large scale works of art under the brief of ‘Unknown Views’ while resident at and for display in The Corinthia.
Mimi Poskitt (Artistic Director), Morgan Lloyd-Malcolm (Writer) and Katie Lyons (Writer) of Look Left Look Right were selected by the judges for the second Residency which focuses on theatre. Their brief is to create a series of unique and exhilarating theatrical performances across the hotel, or immersive theatre. Look Left Look Right will encourage the traditionally passive audience member to be open minded and willing as they take on the role of the protagonist in their own play. Each participant will be guided through a number of one-on-one encounters and experiences, with the play entitled Above & Beyond.
Corinthia Artist in Residence 2012-2013 Judges are:
- Olivia Cole, Literary Editor, GQ and Editor, Spectator Life
- Isabella Macpherson, Co-founder, Arts Co
- Amanda Nevill, Director, British Film Institute
- Yana Peel, CEO, Intelligence Squared
- Josie Rourke, Artistic Director, The Donmar Warehouse
- Caroline Rush, CEO, British Fashion Council
- Justine Simons, Head of Culture, The Mayor’s Office
- Dan Stevens, Actor
- Ed Vaizey MP, Minister for Culture, Communications & Creative Industries
- Madani Younis, Artistic Director, The Bush Theatre
Above & Beyond
Dates: 18th March– 14th April 2013 (Tuesday to Sunday 6pm – 9pm & Saturday Matinee 4pm – 5pm). Shows start every 7 minutes; 1 person per slot.
Tickets prices: From £27.50
Box office and Booking: tickets on sale now. Please email the hotel box office with your preferred date and show time on: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 20 7321 3133 (phone line open Monday to Friday, 0930 to 1700)